Monday, January 2, 2012

Crunch time

It is crunch time- in more ways than one! 

It's January 2, 2012.  This month proves to be one of the craziest months that I have had yet.  And its because of one weekend in particular.  Everything will LITERALLY come to a head.  I am excited, nervous and I really look forward to the possibilities of all.

For starters, the Center for Grieving Children Auction and Gala is on February 3, 2012.  It is the Center's 25th year of existence and 15th auction.  Its an amazing event and I have been involved with the auction for almost 9 years and auction Co-Chair for 3.  I get excited every year to see our hard work come to fruition  and as Scott (my Co-Chair) will tell you, I always look forward to the next year...the next day!  The Center is a place that does such important work, and they do it at no cost to families.  This means that volunteers dedicate themselves to helping these families who are struggling with the loss of a loved one, or who are dealing with the fact that they will lose a loved one.  I know the importance of this because I have seen the effects of losing a loved one firsthand.  The Center is amazing- I am so proud to be a part of this wonderful organization and I look forward to the auction on February 3.  If you have time or a product or service you would like to donate, we are accepting donations for the live and silent auction until January 15th!  You can contact me via Facebook or my email, patsoxchic@maine.rr.com

On February 4th and 5th, my year long journey to become Mrs. Maine, America 2012 will begin, and end.  Last year, after my auction, my son Seth saw a picture of me with Alexis Mcilwain and said "you should be Miss Maine!".  Well, long story short, a friend had tried to get me to compete 9 years before.  I laughed it off because it wasn't me. Not only could I NOT walk in high heels, but I had cellulite on my thighs and in no way shape or form did I have the confidence to get up on stage in a bathing suit and prance around stage to be judged.  However...my 40's hit and ironically, I feel the most confident in myself (and my body) that I have ever felt in my life.  I actually went to the pageant last year because of my son's comment and was truly inspired by the ladies on stage.  I literally thought, if they can do it, why can't I?  Was it all about looks?  Was it all about how well you walked or talked?  How about a culmination of all?  I LOVE Maine.  I genuinely love it.  I have been to every part of this great state and I can not tell you how proud I would be to represent it at the National Mrs. America pageant. 

I found out a lot about myself on this journey.  I have also met some amazing ladies.  When I say this, it may seem insincere or something that is expected of me to say, but I assure you I mean every word....each and every one of them would make an amazing Mrs. Maine.  We all have qualities that are unique and we are all individuals.  But we all share a goal and there can only be one, I would be proud to support each and every one of them, should they be chosen instead of me.  I have made some amazing friends, women I know that I will be friends with long after this pageant is over with and for that, well...I win!

So that is my crazy month coming up!  Whatever will be, will be after that!  But the road leading to this point has been quite an adventure!  I wouldn't change a thing and I thank each and every one of you for reading my blog, liking my page on Facebook and following me on this road to Mrs. Maine, America!  The support that my friends, family and community has shown is humbling- I am one lucky lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment